Friday, 30 May 2014

Autumn in Adelaide

Strawberry picking at Beerenberg Farm with the other new
little family from the Then Clan
We got in before the patch closed for winter and I left with
2 tiny glass pots of jam so I could keep the miniature jars 
Found a sweet pick, yay! Mm, this photo needs to be edited
A happy baby-wearing dad & Phoebe who likes tasty fingers
We stopped for a bite at Hahndorf, the quaint little German village nearby, then stuffed our faces with really good Vietnamese food for dinner. Lunch was meant to be small on account of supper plans with the rest of the family, but the shared platter for two of barbecued pork ribs, chicken wings and a side of wedges (actually we ended up with the main size by accident) turned out to be of monstrous proportions so we had spares to pack home. Still, we managed to pig out on rice paper rolls, beef salad, pho, lobster tails, and broken rice with grilled pork. Everything was yum! I don't have photographic evidence of either meal so you're going to have to take my word for it. We always eat incredibly well when with Fab's family or mine, that we both have to watch our weight. I think we're allowed to get a little crazy on holidays though. 

Phoebe met her cousin Joel. He's 6 weeks younger but only
a kilo lighter and is tall like his parents. Here they are,
listening attentively to my nonsensical ramblings

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails