- You're six and a half months and weigh around 8 kilograms. We have not measured your height recently but you appear rather tall for your age
- You have rosy cheeks and what yummy cheeks they are! Ideal for smooching. You also stick your tongue out in a cute way quite a bit nowadays
- You were introduced to solid foods around two months ago, the first offering being mashed avocado, which you approved of and asked for more. The squashed banana did not receive such a warm welcome. You smelt it and made a face but gave it a few tries anyway, then gagged and turned away. Stewed apple and pear were given almost similar responses but if I hide a bit of either in some rice cereal, you oblige and eat a small amount. Sadly you have been refusing the avocado since the third or fourth sample. You don't consume much but I am not too concerned for now. Later today I will attempt to feed you some pureed steamed baby carrot. Next it will be broccoli and cauliflower, then rice porridge made with a carrot and free range chicken broth with any oil and scum removed
- You always watch us closely during meal and snack times, following the food from our plates to our mouths and licking your lips as we chew. Some time ago, as I was holding you in one arm and drinking with the other, you reached out for my mug and pulled it towards you. I let you take a few sips of water and felt proud of your achievement
- You don't seem interested in learning how to sit up. If I place you in a sitting position, you either aim for a face plant, flop sideways or shift your bum forward as if on a slippery slide. Sometimes you throw yourself back with such force you almost bang your head and I have to catch you quickly. Standing is perhaps more appealing but naturally you need the support to do this successfully. Our recent purchase of a Bright Starts Table Walker was a good move as it keeps you happily entertained and occupied for a while. I hope it encourages you to use your legs and feet properly
- You've started to be a little selective with the people who can approach and/or carry you. Certain people get instant cries and slight screams. Others are greeted with warm smiles and pats to the face. It makes me super glad that you look for me at times. I hope you know how special you are to me too
- You enjoy being out to observe new places and things, and I am thankful that you travel well and can take decent naps in the car
- You have a firm grip. I have very little hair to begin with but you have been gleefully yanking out strands of it everyday. I do like it when you try to stroke my face even when it inadvertently ends with you scratching my eye out or pinching hard and tugging at my lips. You also grab my ears to pull me in so you can eat my nose or suck on my chin. I must have a tasty face
- You sometimes lean forward to kiss me gently on the face. Perhaps that is not your intention but it appears that way and I think it's super lovely. You also blow raspberries frequently (a habit that formed when Grandma made one at you). This often means I get sprayed with saliva and sometimes have food spat onto me
- Papa says you give us the sweetest smiles. You melt his heart like no one else does
Sunday, 14 September 2014
10 Things I Know About You
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment