Our baby is turning two and I've decided to celebrate this with a fruity-themed party. Phoebe loves fruit. It's one food that's generally easy to feed her. Below is a list of sources I've turned to when preparing for the party to be held at our place (so we're guaranteed no weather problems and the air-conditioning will be running to counter the summer heat that's still going strong).
The only idea I am not following is the watermelon pinata. Attractive as it is, I just don't have the patience to cut out one-inch wide strips of crepe paper, make close-set fringes in them and paste each piece carefully, forming row after sleep-inducing row. But who knows? Maybe if I revisit the fruit party idea in the future, I'll suddenly be filled with the required inspirational push. More likely if I want to make it badly enough, I'll recruit the husband's help.
He's a clever one, that engineer of mine. There I was painstakingly cutting out the fruits for the garland one at a time when he came along to assist and stapled together the same fruit pages (some come with two or three different shapes on one sheet and we made 5 copies of each). He placed the staples roughly around each fruit to keep the papers tightly aligned so they didn't shift while cutting, which meant he got five strawberries done in the time it took me to trim out one. (Don't call me dumb...and stop laughing. I can hear you). Anyway, these
fruit baskets are rather small when printed on an A4 sheet of paper and rather flimsy unless printed on card stock so I'm only using the one trial piece Fab constructed. The same site that has the fruit gift bags offers fruity invitations, gift labels, garland and cone wrappers too which are handy though.
The plan was to find a funky fruity dress for Phoebe to wear but it was not to be so I ended up buying a $5 t-shirt that has a repeated pineapple print on the back and front pocket. I'm thinking to pair it with a tutu for a bit of flair but we'll see how things go. For $8, I found a matching t-shirt for myself from the teenage section. Thank you K Mart! Unfortunately there was nothing for Fab so I'm going to persuade him to let me stick a pineapple print (from the garland below) on one of his existing t-shirts. He won't agree but I will try to be very convincing that it's the right thing to do for the sake of family memory-making. To prove that all cool people have fruit-themed parties, I shall refer him to
this blog post I just came across. On second thoughts,
the husband did not dress up in a fruity shirt. Shucks. The
baby's orange romper is seriously cute though!
No comments:
Post a Comment