Monday, 1 January 2007

Nephews

Oops, more images I forgot to adjust!
Joel - the cheeky 2.5 year old

Gabriel - the brainy 4 year old


The days have gone by too quickly for my liking...I don't wish to return to Brisbane just yet...goodbyes at the airport leave my heart heavy. My dad asked me today what my future plans are and I said I wanted to come home so he asked when I was thinking of doing so. My reply was, "5 years at most" to which he remarked, "5 years?! That's a long time...I thought you were going to say next year...so you really want to stay there for a while then". The conversation ended there as we stepped into Watsons but my heart really sank. All this time I've been thinking I'll come back when I'm going to have my own family. Is that a fair decision to make? What are my true motives? And what about Fab? I can't selfishly expect him to make the sacrifice of starting all over again just because I want to be with my family where I am most secure!

I'm settled in Brisbane - work, church, friends, relationship...but my family and other close friends are here at home. I wonder what God has in mind for me...if he even intends for me to be here at all and if so for how long...would it be enough for me to just stay a while and not be here to look after my parents?

Am I willing to make the sacrifice of family and familiarity for missions...to travel the world, visiting unknown lands to bring the Good News? Now, no. It's hard...but something tells me I should at least be ready for God to uproot me at any time to go anywhere to do exactly as He wills to reconcile the lost to Himself.

Lord, what would you have me do? Please do not let any hearts be broken along the way or from the outcome...from the choices that need to be made. Please continue to watch over my family, reign in their lives and protect them from all harm and disease. Thank you

2 comments:

kelvin said...

A challenge it will always be when it comes to listening for God's directions in our lives. How can we ever be so sure we heard God correctly and that this current direction we are heading is what God has planned out for us?
But one thing i know for sure, God wants to obey. Obey what? His commandments i believe. Everything we do should please Him. Seek Him with all your heart, and You'll surely find Him. :) Then you'll know His plans for you :)

God Bless and have a great year a head! And many thanx for helping to org the wedding! Really appreciate it!!!

Kelvin Mok

Anonymous said...

"I wonder what God has in mind for me...if he even intends for me to be here at all and if so for how long...would it be enough for me to just stay a while and not be here to look after my parents?"

This is the questions that always pops-up in my head too. Feel so troubled sometimes. If u found the answer, pls share with me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails