Do you believe in God? Do you believe He can speak to us through words of wisdom or knowledge, through impressions or visions and the like? I do. I should have recorded all the things God has shared to me here in the one place but now thinking back, that may take a long time plus I have forgotten some or at least forgotten the place I recorded these things.
Nevertheless, I shall start with what God impressed upon my heart during the worship time of care group tonight.
I saw a blurred picture of someone being robed, crowned and given a sceptre and I pondered over this...God then brought to mind the passage that says we are His royal priesthood. It's in 1 Peter 2: 9-10
Nevertheless, I shall start with what God impressed upon my heart during the worship time of care group tonight.
I saw a blurred picture of someone being robed, crowned and given a sceptre and I pondered over this...God then brought to mind the passage that says we are His royal priesthood. It's in 1 Peter 2: 9-10
"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light. Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God. Once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy"
I believe God wanted to remind us that we belong to Him. What does it mean to belong to God and not the world, not to anyone or anything else? It means we live a life of great meaning, great purpose and we need not succumb to the ways and pressures of this world. We need not live a life of sin and strife but are called to rise up, overcome and accomplish wondrous things as God's children, closest friends, ambassadors!
Easier said than done but while things are going well, we can choose to take the opportunity to build on our knowledge and understanding of and relationship with God, to be able to trust Him when hard times strike. Though we cannot see it at the time, every struggle, every challenge, every pain has its potential of making us strong in character, which is what God desires but it takes us relying on Him, seeking Him for His perspective, direction, wisdom, timing and strength. God will not let us go through more than we can bear and I am truly thankful for this. And thankful that He really does work all things for the good of those who love and trust Him. Let us lean not on our own understanding but acknowledge Him in all our ways and He will make our paths straight.
And how God confirmed the call for us to live as a holy nation through the "Verse of the Day" that I found on my blog just as I signed in!
No comments:
Post a Comment