For some reason, I felt particularly broken during the service today...I thank God for continuing to do His transformational work in me...the same struggles have been resurfacing so I appreciate that once again He is being really patient, not wanting me to be lacking in anything or perish. I've been reading articles from Radiant Magazine again...each time I read, there will always be at least one piece of writing that strikes a deep chord in my heart and causes the tears to flow...I cry with an ache in my heart.
I yearn to be strong like those women - they have overcome their situations and found security (hope, peace and joy) in God. And in turn they share and bring the life they have discovered to others. I want to be such a light, to write with such a healing and inspirational power that comes only from their relationship with God, which has brought them total freedom. We sang this song tonight that reminds me of His freedom and His ability to heal my broken heart and give me strength for the journey ahead: In Your Freedom.
I yearn to be strong like those women - they have overcome their situations and found security (hope, peace and joy) in God. And in turn they share and bring the life they have discovered to others. I want to be such a light, to write with such a healing and inspirational power that comes only from their relationship with God, which has brought them total freedom. We sang this song tonight that reminds me of His freedom and His ability to heal my broken heart and give me strength for the journey ahead: In Your Freedom.
I don't want their plights to become added burdens upon my heart but I want their victories to resound and cause me to have more faith in my God; faith that draws me closer to Him and raises me as a spiritual giant - one with the purpose of being secure to be beautiful so that I may reach out to women who have shut out their beauty or forgotten or failed to recognise the purity and power of that beauty given by God due to being perceived as objects by men and maybe even by themselves.
Yes, my heart has always been for women oppressed yet instead of standing up to fight fearlessly for them, I have allowed their circumstances to overwhelm me with a fear paralysing...it is a deception I know now yet am still battling to conquer. One day, soon I do hope, I shall rid myself of these lies and move on to what God has called me to. I will write for His glory and bring His truth, love, grace and beauty to others to empower them and bring them back to Him! Have I shared about God's call and anointing for me to write?
No comments:
Post a Comment