Tuesday, 5 August 2008

One Month Seven Days

That's the space of time between now and my last post. I guess I've been occupied. Not unavoidably detained, but occupied. With work, with other activities going on, with being out of the house, with being lazy and lounging and reading and hiding under the doona. It's cold, still.

The wedding's in three weeks. That's 18 sleeps away. 18, I like that number. I was born on the 18th. Not of this month but still, it's a good date. And dates are good in loaves. Talk about random comments. There will be a dinner in Singapore to celebrate. Some of my closest friends can't be there. They are the ones who are unavoidably detained. How can I compete with work? It's Singapore. They don't have a choice. One's being sent overseas for a month (so we're missing each other completely. I land in Singapore, he flies to wherever it is he's been stationed) . One works ridiculously long hours. Hospitality. How can I compete with a baby? That's right, one of my closest friends is having a baby. Her very first one. I'm so glad for her. She'll be a great mum, I just know it. She's a great friend. So I'm not complaining. I'm a little sad about the ones who have to work but I completely understand. I just hope I can see Alysia (the one in hospitality), Elaine and her baby boy. Elroy. I think that's the name that stuck. Must remember to get a gift for little Elroy. Babies. So many of them this year and most of them are boys. So many weddings too. What a wonderfully productive year 2008 is. What with the Olympics on too.

So much has been forgotten. Again my mind has lost great blog posts material. Funny things, clever things, life things, all sorts of things. A pity but not the end of the world.

So where are we up to with the planning? The main things are to organise the hand bouquets, get bits and pieces for the decor and reception table, and the drinks and ice, have the Order of Service cards printed, tie little "thank you" labels on the favours and confirm things with various parties and ensure we've got enough people to help out with ushering and things on the day and for the Singapore dinner (two separate bunch of people, naturally). Oh, got to sort out the video recording. Fab's going to do the photo montage to show on the day while guests are settling in. Things are coming together and falling into place. It's not that big a deal organising a wedding when both families are pretty relaxed about the way things go and we keep it all simple with our relatively low budget plan. Good, we're pretty much set then.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails