Tuesday, 5 August 2008

Diana's Discovery

Diana discovered one very early morning the music of Mark Schultz. He's a Christian singer-song writer. You'll see the post on her blog - she's in my list of connections. I heard of Mark Schultz when I went home one summer for Christmas and my, then three year old, nephew was taken by this guy's music because he was into pianos at that point. I didn't really stop to listen to the CD but Mark's songs sound familiar now that I'm playing them on YouTube. I clicked on the video link on Diana's blog and have to admit that as the song unfolded I began to tear at the words and the story they tell. By the time we made it into the nursing home, I was sobbing. Songs like this really get to me. It's the story they're made of or is it the story they weave...whichever way it goes. The simple bond between two people and the fragility of their union when it's time for one to go home. The heart wrenching love that knits them so closely to each other. These songs tug hard at my heart strings. And with every tug, the emotions that are tied to my heart send floods down my cheeks. I'm such a sook.

"Walking her home" made me think of my grandparents. It'll soon be their 74th anniversary. What an honour to stand before the guests at my wedding dinner and present a toast to this golden couple. My grandparents are the most loving (to each other, their families - every single generation of us, and all in their company), unique, well accomplished, persevering people. They fear God and lift every single one they know and read about to the Lord for His up-keeping. I see their fierce love lived out in my parents too. I want this for my sister and her husband, for Fab and I and all our future generations. A deep adoration and awe of God, an undying devotion to our loved ones and a dedicated commitment of love and grace to all we encounter in life.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails