Thank you God for the man I live with who packs my breakfast and lunch every weekday morning. For the same man who washes the dishes after dinner every night and offers to cook if I look tired or downcast. Who praises my food even when I think it tastes weird. For this man who shares my little delights like walking along the beach picking pretty pebbles. Who quietly prayed that God would show him a heart-shaped pebble that he could give me the night of our first wedding anniversary.
I'll be writing about our little getaway soon and will include photos of us and our pebble collection. Am going to buy white box frames to display the heart shaped ones and some others in (after he gave me the one he found, we picked up a few others that resembled a heart and now have a little family of them). Some of the other bigger pebbles we gathered will serve as reminders of good things God has done in our lives. I posted about this some time ago. The idea came from Lisa Shay who has a plate of stones, each representing a blessing from God. Even in the Bible God's people used stones to remind themselves of God's love and grace as we humans are pretty quick at forgetting such things and dwelling on the bad. We'll have a slip of paper attached to the back of the frame listing out the blessings so we don't stare at these little rocks some years down and wonder why they're there.
I'll be writing about our little getaway soon and will include photos of us and our pebble collection. Am going to buy white box frames to display the heart shaped ones and some others in (after he gave me the one he found, we picked up a few others that resembled a heart and now have a little family of them). Some of the other bigger pebbles we gathered will serve as reminders of good things God has done in our lives. I posted about this some time ago. The idea came from Lisa Shay who has a plate of stones, each representing a blessing from God. Even in the Bible God's people used stones to remind themselves of God's love and grace as we humans are pretty quick at forgetting such things and dwelling on the bad. We'll have a slip of paper attached to the back of the frame listing out the blessings so we don't stare at these little rocks some years down and wonder why they're there.
2 comments:
Sweet and faith filled....:)
Our husbands truly are a gift from God, aren't they? You are so blessed to have been united with the perfect fit for you. God is good. Funny you mention the stones...as I am giving a bag of stones to a dear friend who recently married the man of her dreams. May God continue to draw you both closer to Him through each other by the beauty and mystery of marriage.
love you.
Post a Comment