Friday, 25 February 2011

A Beautiful Exchange

I attended Kudzi's home group on Wednesday night. I asked her later when driving home if it was bad to say I hadn't felt touched by God like that for quite some time in our Church. She said we can sometimes get too comfortable in a familiar environment, which is true. I wondered also if it was because there was nothing required of me there - no expectations of a certain level of maturity or character, no tasks to fulfil or role to live out. I could simply go to worship and receive. If this is the case, I need to make some adjustments because I should be able to connect with God anywhere.

Another highlight of the night was being prayed over for healing. Pastor Greg got a word from God about someone with a pain in their neck (particularly down the right side), like an axis had gone through it. He asked if anyone identified with that and I sheepishly raised my right hand to my ear after no one responded. I stepped forward and he proclaimed complete healing over me, praying that my body would be aligned to the Word of God. I found that interesting as I didn't mention my spine was misaligned from a car accident several years ago. I've been suffering from pain since, more so down the right side of my body - from the base of my head to the tips of my fingers. I've also been bugging God for total relief.

Although I cannot know for certain if my spinal chord has indeed been set back into place and all affected areas healed, I am believing it. I am believing that it has been done as God promised on Wednesday night. He called me out after all. I didn't ask for anything that night. I was simply touched by His presence and quietly wept during the worship. He offered to heal me. He extended His love and grace. I believe there is more mobility in my neck. There is still some stiffness and pain but what was proclaimed was 100% healing. Pastor Greg declared I would be free of pain. So I am going to believe it. I cannot always hope for things to be instant. This is the test of my faith. Will I doubt? Will I complain? Will I get impatient? Or will I say, "Yes and Amen! Thank You Lord!" and walk in the promise.

We sang the song A Beautiful Exchange by Hillsong Church that night. It spoke to my heart. Father, I am trading  my pain, unrighteousness, frustrations, and worries for Your promises, for Your perfect love that drives out all fear, for Your holiness. I want to let go of the anger, bitterness and resentment in my heart Father. I want to be filled with Your Spirit. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails