![]() |
| Via Rainbow Pastels on Facebook |
As requested in prayer, Fab and I got two Saturdays of perfect weather. We went to our favourite beach in Currumbin - Elephant Rock a fortnight ago. Fab grabbed a body board and headed out with the junior surfers and their coaches while I stayed closer to the coast line picking shells and enjoying the pristine clean aqua waters. Oh that gorgeous, cool water. And when our tummies tinkered, we swung around to the nearby KFC drive-through, picked up a pack to share and drove back to eat in the car facing the sea. There's a reason I had to stay in the car but I won't tell you what!
The rest of the wonderful day was spent napping on our soft leather couch (I did the napping. Fab played on his PS3 with earphones), shopping in Harbour Town (I bought a beautiful blue bag and vintage-looking tin boxes while getting a birthday present for a friend), and chatting over a simple dinner at home. We even rounded the night with a movie. Fab and I love 'Real Steel' starring Hugh Jackman. It's a heartfelt story of love, loss, learning to make the right decisions and sheer perseverance. The kid and his robot stole the show for me. I always root for the underdog.
A surprising bonus was being given a juicy sweet mango by an Asian lady in the parking lot, whose spot we were waiting for at Harbour Town. She walked over to apologise for taking a long time to load her loot. Despite our attempts to let her know it was fine (I mean she had to help her elderly parents into the car as well), she cheerfully shoved the fruit through the window and hurried off. We missed out on the $10-a-tray deal at the fruit shop but we scored a free fragrant friend to bring home. Our car smelt fresh when we got back in and boy was that mango good!
A surprising bonus was being given a juicy sweet mango by an Asian lady in the parking lot, whose spot we were waiting for at Harbour Town. She walked over to apologise for taking a long time to load her loot. Despite our attempts to let her know it was fine (I mean she had to help her elderly parents into the car as well), she cheerfully shoved the fruit through the window and hurried off. We missed out on the $10-a-tray deal at the fruit shop but we scored a free fragrant friend to bring home. Our car smelt fresh when we got back in and boy was that mango good!
Yesterday, we met Nicole at Sunnybank and stuffed our faces with Landmark Yum Cha and Sweet Paradise Hong Kong desserts. (Actually the name of the store might be something else but never mind that) We even went home with two pretty cupcakes thanks to the little lovely lady.
Nic and I did the 'housewifely' thing of grocery shopping in Yuens after lunch, which we find fun oddly enough. (Nic is yet to be a housewife but we have a penchant for home items, food and bargains) I also bought two dish racks from K-Mart to replace our rusty silver one. The newbies are powder coated and only $5 each (Disclaimer: K-Mart is not paying me to endorse their wares). I've learnt to stop going for shiny metal objects as they simply don't last and cost more. Both our aluminium shower caddies failed us dismally. Anyway, we all had a great time and though I felt sickly full by the end of it, I was fully satisfied over the company.
Nic and I did the 'housewifely' thing of grocery shopping in Yuens after lunch, which we find fun oddly enough. (Nic is yet to be a housewife but we have a penchant for home items, food and bargains) I also bought two dish racks from K-Mart to replace our rusty silver one. The newbies are powder coated and only $5 each (Disclaimer: K-Mart is not paying me to endorse their wares). I've learnt to stop going for shiny metal objects as they simply don't last and cost more. Both our aluminium shower caddies failed us dismally. Anyway, we all had a great time and though I felt sickly full by the end of it, I was fully satisfied over the company.
Days like these remind me how faithful, generous and full of grace God has been. They also remind me of the importance of cherishing the people around us and not letting those precious moments shared get forgotten like an old pair of denim shoes (Sayonara to my shoes that fell apart yesterday). So here and now I say "Thank You Father for your incredible blessings. Please continue to watch over our families and friends, and to teach us how to love and honour them and other people we meet along the way."
![]() |
| Same source as above |
[Am sporting this do' for Church today - sadly, I don't have much hair so it doesn't look right but at least what I have is off the nape of my neck because it's ridiculously hot out, and to think it isn't even the heart of summer yet]


4 comments:
love the hairdo..wanna try it....
Miss you Jos!
Hey sweet girl, what a splendid blog! I found it from bloglovin.
xo. Little Miss
www.livelylittlemiss.blogspot.com
That was the same lesson the Lord taught me about you guys. :) Cherishing people around us. Really making time for them just because. :)
I had sooooo much fun!! It was just such an amazing day with the both of you!!! :))
Thank you so much for having me!
Did you like the cupcakes? :D
<3 Nicole
Oh.. Hoorah to new shoes!!! :D
*giggles*
<3 Nicole
Post a Comment