![]() |
| In a daze after your breakfast today |
![]() |
| This photo is now on my i-Phone lock screen I find your surprised expression pretty funny |
![]() |
| This angle gave your arm the Michelin man look |
| Waiting for the umbilical cord stump to fall off |
Dear Phoebe,
At this age, the majority of your time is spent gulping down milk and sleeping. You do have periods of wakefulness but this tends to center around your daily activities of drinking, getting a nappy change, doing a little tummy time and settling for another nap or bedtime at night. Each time you move while in your bassinet during the day, all eyes are on you, and Nai Nai gets her dose of cuddles whenever she can. I love how doting she and Ye Ye are of you. Papa and I are probably biased, but we think you are one of the cutest babies in the world and have been snapping up a large number of photographs even when you look the same in each shot.
Since putting you on the S26 Gold formula for newborns, you have plumped up nicely and now have twice the appetite. Your face and belly appear to have rounded out and you may have gained an additional chin. Your neck is barely visible, which is adorable and rather hilarious when jokes are made of how you like to keep a little milk in those fat folds, as if saving it for a snack. You don't quite appreciate it when I try to clean between said folds to rid you of any stickiness and prevent a possible skin irritation.
While you are at a stage of accepting my affection, I probably kiss you about a hundred times a day. This morning, as I stepped away for a minute to rinse your facecloth after changing you and giving you a quick wipe down, you inadvertently grabbed a bunch of your hair and yanked at it so hard it made you cry out suddenly. Your loud wail gave me a shock and I rushed back to help release your wispy locks. As you sobbed into my shoulder from the ordeal, I couldn't help but bathe you in extra kisses.
Oh my little darling, how I wish I could easily solve all of life's troubles and soothe you as quickly as I did today. Yet I know I need to equip you to face challenges so you may mature in thought and character. It's going to require a great deal of trust in God on my part to allow you to experience discomfort for the purpose of healthy growth but for your sake it must be done. Still, what Papa and I can shelter you from, we certainly will.
I am curious to know what your personality will be like as it is rather difficult to tell at this point. What I can say is that you are a wonderful baby as you hardly fuss so looking after you is quite a breeze. No doubt there are times when Papa and I cannot figure out what you are requesting for exactly. It is in those moments I ask God for the wisdom to bring a sense of calm to your struggles. I'm just grateful you seem to be adjusting well and are showing us patience as we clumsily learn our way through this new chapter. I intend to record your milestones here so Papa, you and I can look back on them together when you are older.
Love, Mama



No comments:
Post a Comment