Dear Phoebe,
You're a total trooper! Grandma was saying her friends can't believe how good natured you are. How many people are there in the world who can rave about a baby who self soothes and only ever fusses if something is truly required? A friend of Papa and I, Aunty Sandra, reckons you're a 1 in 500 babies kind of gal.
You turned two months on Saturday and have grown so much that someone asked what I was feeding you. Papa and I tell each other you're the cutest baby in the world. We could be biased but who cares! Besides, all our friends and relatives agree wholeheartedly and have been looking forward to cuddles with you. We even got approached by a photographer who was going to do a shoot for Johnson's & Johnson's. I didn't ring her back about the proposal though as J & J use harsh chemicals in their products so we don't want to be standing for something I would not use on your skin.
Now that you're a little older, you are a lot more responsive. You enjoy looking at the 'Hello Baby' books I bought you that feature high contrast colours and patterns to stimulate brain development. Toys are still not tickling your fancy, although you did take a while to look at the little felt bugs Aunty Banga got for dangling above your head. I think it was the bell in the toy that got your attention. What delights Papa and I are your sweet smiles. You even chuckled in your sleep as I held you after dinner yesterday.
Recently, you have been delaying your night time meals and giving Papa and I better blocks of rest. Last night, you slept from 9pm to 4am before needing to refuel. Even then you drank with your eyes closed and remained in a completely drowsy state. You only opened your eyes after I changed your nappy and swaddled you back up again. As you looked at me, you gave the loveliest and longest smile I've seen yet, and we exchanged a little conversation (your end consisting of endearing little cooing sounds). I am so grateful that you are easily settled, which allows me to get things done around the house during the day. You're also very calm and contented when friends excitedly pass you around as everyone wants a chance to carry you.
Pumpkin, you have a wonderful personality and demeanour. You are such a huge blessing to Papa and I, and are deeply loved by us and many others. A few of Grandma's friends have gifted you with lovely handmade items such as a quilt and dresses. You have even received several Ang Pows, which we have placed in a bank account for you.
Honestly, I sometimes wonder what the days ahead are going to be like as Papa and I will need to start organising for day care and eventually schooling. We will also need to discuss how we are going to impart biblical values, explain various important life facts and navigate through whatever trend you may decide to follow (oh please don't go goth or emo or take a liking to clubbing). One day you will ask us about the birds and the bees and I want to be fully prepared to give you an age-appropriate answer that reflects God's truth on the matter. It's crucial neither Papa nor I shy away from what is often considered taboo or the awkward topics as God has a take on everything and it's way better than what the world has made things out to be. My prayer is that we can be godly role models for you.
Anyway for now, I will just treasure the time we have together while being on maternity leave, and take the opportunity to style you in what I think are cute clothes (before you are capable of protesting, haha!).
I love you to the moon and back plus a whole lot more, my chubby chutie patootie!
Mama
![]() |
| Grandma called this your flamenco dress - you were 7 weeks Grandma's nickname for you is Tootsie Willow |
![]() |
| Just chillin' out - Aunty Banga bought this onesie in the States |
![]() |
| One of many dresses by Aunty Hoon Aunty Hoon calls you by your Chinese name, En Qi (meaning full of grace - Papa believes this is God given as it's so apt) |
![]() |
| The boss in the house - Carters outfit by Aunty Banga |
![]() |
| Mini soccer player with mittens |
![]() |
| ANZAC Day, just before you turned 2 months |






No comments:
Post a Comment