Wednesday, 4 March 2015

An Overdue Update

Dear Phoebe,

You turned ONE on Sunday. How did that even happen because last I checked you were the tiny, fragile baby I could carry effortlessly in one arm for hours. Last night I packed away the clothes you have outgrown and was marvelling over how small your first pieces are. In fact, some of them were big on you in those first weeks. I kept saying to Papa, "Look Hon, look at this one, it's soooo little! She was soooo small!"

With your physical growth spurts have come developments in other areas, many of which amaze Papa and I. You are such a wonder and a divine blessing. I cannot commend you enough for your sweet disposition and loving nature. You are so good at giving me cuddles and kisses, and to me your embraces are the very bestest of the best. You are also great at sharing, which is super impressive. Most other toddlers offer toys occasionally but don't actually hand them over, whereas you gladly and intentionally give toys to us and others. I watched you do this at childcare just this morning. You also dote on the younger babies there by gently patting them on the head and passing them toys to play with. One of your teachers even commented you tried to comfort a crying classmate by patting her on the bum as this is what we and the teachers do.

I am so proud of the way you have transitioned into childcare. Your teachers remarked on your first day how no one would have been able to tell you were brand new at the centre as you happily waved goodbye and were cheery for the whole nine hours. Your teachers repeatedly sing your praises and it blesses my heart to know others are able to experience what a delight you are.

Alot has changed since I last wrote. You started crawling in December while we were home in Singapore for the holiday season. It was there that you also started pulling yourself to a standing position regularly and more easily. I think you even began saying, "Papa" there or perhaps it was just before. More recently, you have been getting ready to walk, standing up at times without support and bouncing on the spot. The furthest you have made it is five steps, which Papa and I say is phenomenal. We think everything you come up with is fantastic because you are just wonderful. Ok, maybe not everything because I'm still trying to get you to understand I am serious about you not touching the bin and sneakily pulling out garbage to eat if I turn away for a few seconds. I would like not to have to bar you from places in the home but help you learn that certain things are out of bounds. A friend's mum taught her and her siblings that way, which kept them safe and out of trouble.

Papa and I try to capture videos of your milestones as they happen but sometimes we miss out on those camera perfect moments. One video I love is of you helping me with the laundry. I was standing at the clothes rack to fold your laundry when you came over and pulled each piece down from underneath. Each time you were able to pull an item down, you promptly handed it to me. When you had difficulty reaching, you either tried hard to stand on the spot or use the rack or my leg for support. It was seriously one of the cutest things we have ever seen! Papa and I tell each other every single day that you're a darling and that you're incredibly adorable and beautiful. You must believe it for we are not the only ones saying this so you cannot claim it as bias on the part of your parents. You truly are a magnificent, brilliant sweetheart and I still want to kiss you a million or more times a day.

I'll try to be back really soon to post photos and include more on how you have grown but for now I need to scoot.

Love, Mama

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails