Saturday, 9 February 2008

God is all I need?

Jeremy Camp wrote this song titled Walk by Faith when he began to learn the true meaning of this phrase. Such a simple thing to say but to actually live it out...well that's a totally different ball game. Listen to the message at the start.

Growing up, and at times even now, I've had a deep fear of losing my loved one, first a family member, then my life partner. From where the fear evolved, I do not know but fear is not from God for His perfect love drives it away. Yet it is an ongoing battle of choosing to trust in God though that should seem the most obvious and easy decision to make. Over and over God has assured me of His love and faithfulness, of His grace that is sufficient for my lack of strength. Yes, indeed I do not know why God would allow certain things to happen yet He knows it is well within His means to turn all things to good for those who love Him and live in His ways. I feel like I am preaching to myself but I don't have the power to convince myself of such truths, only God does. And I know He has slowly been doing so as I let Him into my often stubborn heart.

I used to have recurring nightmares for many years - someone would be out to hurt my family, physically abuse and kill them and I would try so hard to protect them...I'd try to turn myself into a superhero in those dreams, try to find a way to fight the enemies...it was awful, frightening...I always felt so hopeless and the tears I wept in the dreams would find their way to my pillow in reality. God brought me out of this dark pit...one night (I had come to Brisbane by then) He freed me and the nightmares stopped...bit by bit over the years He has helped me rise above one crippling fear after another. God, I need You so much, there are still so many things to overcome and it can only be done with You

I want to be someone who will gladly lay my life before my King - the world would think this crazy but there is so much the world just does not know. Yes, this is my desire

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails