Whoa, that was fast...I've already been engaged for 6 months today...hmmm, should get started with more of the organisation! Haha...at least we've got most of the clothes sorted. Gown, check. Suit, check. Bridesmaid dresses, check. Gown and suit for dinner, check. Photo shoot, check. Dinner reception back home, check. Now onto the invitation cards for the Day, the programme booklets, the little gifts the people get, collating addresses for the dinner invites so mum can get them printed after she collects the cards from the hotel (made some form of progress there)...then it's onto getting the caterers sorted for the lunch buffet, the little dinner for family and relatives flying over for the Day, deco, wedding bands, shoes and accessories, makeup and hair stylists, photographer and video person for the Day, organising the teams, communicating stuff with the team leaders (thank God for friends!), buying all things buffet related like plates, cutlery, blah blah, drinks, la la...
Need to refer back to my list. I'm hungry and I have not started on my weight loss plan. In fact I have made no effort in this department. Haha, oops, better get started soon. Yes, soon...sense the procrastination building...so thirsty...shall resume blog post in a few minutes.
Preparation is more crucial in terms of spiritual and emotional maturity/stability...it'll be interesting living in such close proximity to another human everyday of my life...what with me being a little compulsive and loony about certain things. If you were to walk into my room and touch something (like move it a couple of inches), I'd probably know. I'd probably feel the urge to straighten the thing out but would have to try and refrain myself until after you left. Satisfaction...a big word. This is something I need to learn. That and humility which goes very neatly together as it is said that when one is not self centred, one will be more inclined to look to the needs of the other rather than to one's own and so not place such unreasonable expectations on the otherwise long suffering other.
My landlord, aka close gal pal whom I've known since college who came with me to study here and was my very first roomie, has graciously accepted me into her home into what I affectionately term "my induction period" where I am shown through everyday living how to be a super-wife (fully equipped with cooking and house keeping skills and cool home gadgets to boot), woman leader, minister, administrator and friend.
Yes, by the end of my 8 months stay, I shall be far more ready to step up into my new roles as life partner and ministry helper extraordinaire! Whee!
Can't wait for the honeymoon in Thailand too - great food at fantastic prices, wonderful shopping (although many of their clothes are designed to fit ants...ah, shoes...), beautiful sights I am hoping (beaches and cultural places) and not to mention all this with excellent company! Yay!
Can't wait for the honeymoon in Thailand too - great food at fantastic prices, wonderful shopping (although many of their clothes are designed to fit ants...ah, shoes...), beautiful sights I am hoping (beaches and cultural places) and not to mention all this with excellent company! Yay!
1 comment:
SO exciting!!!
I hope I can get to aussieland in time for your wedding! although all the sales now is to fly before july.:( bleah.
when issit again ah? aug 23rd?
Post a Comment