Saturday, 16 February 2008

I discovered God's love in a bowl of cereal

Valentines Day 2008 - God gives me a little present to remind me of His love for me...funny no one else seemed to think it was that cool...guess that comes down to God knowing how I tick because He made me and knowing what I'd notice and appreciate, dense as I can be many a times.

I brought a small round IKEA container of mixed cereal (the kind with cornflakes, apricot bits, raisins and other forms of cereal-related things) to work and ate most of it for breakfast. Later in the afternoon I felt a little peckish at my desk so I started eating the cereal as a dry snack.

Then, lo and behold! something made me glance into that little bowl-shaped container where my eyes landed on an unsually larger piece of cornflake that sat atop the little hill of cereal (by then not much was left). I picked it up and HEY! it was in the shape of a heart! What do you know? And it was pretty symmetrical too and looked cut that way in a sense. It's still on my desk although I know I'll eventually have to do something with it.

And now it's even started to dawn on me that BibleGateway has been posting daily verses about God's love to remind us that, regardless of whether we are single, attached, engaged, married, or in whatever situation in between or apart from that, His love for us surpasses all understanding, running so deeply that He gave absolutely everything for us to be reconciled to Him.

The Greatest Love Story ever that we often forget or do not identify with...we think about the hugs we want, the chocolates, the flowers, the intimacy, the sweet words, the I-don't-know-whatever-else-people-may-think-about...but we fail to realise we already belong to Someone who is crazy about us and has placed in store great and wondrous things for us that we cannot even imagine or comprehend now and bit by bit they'll be revealed as we walk in His love (while munching on cornflakes maybe)

(Picture of heart cereal to be posted when I can work out how to get it out of my mobilephone! Where have I placed the connecting thing?)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails