I have so much to write but just haven't had the chance to really sit down and put all my thoughts into comprehensible sentences with colourful pictures to match. Am secretly taking a few minutes at work to say this so those of you who read my blog know I am alive and well and had a great time in Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia respectively for our honeymoon. It's back to work now and I'm currently on my third day.
Monday was surprisingly fine though I got off to a really drowsy start when we woke up early to make it in by 9am. I had a good amount of energy throughout the day and got so much work done. Then it hit me hard at night and yesterday, I certainly felt the weight of the hour and a half commute (each way) and was really tired in the office. I'm sleepy today.
We've been having good lunches - Fab made a batch of beef mince with mushrooms, onion and taco seasoning and I helped slice up tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce, then we wrapped all of that with a slice of cheese in soft tortilla sheets. Oh, don't forget splashings of BBQ sauce. They taste great when toasted in a sandwich press. The only thing that does not survive the heat is the lettuce so I recommend trying spinach leaves instead or adding the lettuce after the toasting. If you want everything warm, maybe the lettuce can be replaced with olives (the reduced salt kind and pitted of course) as I tried this and it was pretty tasty. That's if you like olives.
I have much to tell about the honeymoon and photos to edit and upload...do stay tuned...by the way, since I've been asked this question rather frequently - I am liking this marriage thing - it has been a completely natural and comfortable progression and I don't feel any different. We're in the midst of sorting through our gazillion boxes of stuff and setting up the study room. We're done with the bedroom and kitchen but I may make a few amendments here and there once we're done, just as final touches because the walls are so bleak...plus we might get bed side tables and some other bits of furniture for the study and living room - more bookshelves and a TV station.
We're still deliberating over having the place painted. So far Fab has decided that we should take a few weekends to mend the ceiling ourselves. He'll patch up all the holes (as we had all the lights re-positioned and re-fitted with pretty light fixtures - the old ones were so ugly) and then we'll paint the place in sections. We'll also go over the walls that need fixing or just make sure we cover up anything un-presentable with a picture (don't go looking under my wall displays if you're ever in the house, ok?)
Monday was surprisingly fine though I got off to a really drowsy start when we woke up early to make it in by 9am. I had a good amount of energy throughout the day and got so much work done. Then it hit me hard at night and yesterday, I certainly felt the weight of the hour and a half commute (each way) and was really tired in the office. I'm sleepy today.
We've been having good lunches - Fab made a batch of beef mince with mushrooms, onion and taco seasoning and I helped slice up tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce, then we wrapped all of that with a slice of cheese in soft tortilla sheets. Oh, don't forget splashings of BBQ sauce. They taste great when toasted in a sandwich press. The only thing that does not survive the heat is the lettuce so I recommend trying spinach leaves instead or adding the lettuce after the toasting. If you want everything warm, maybe the lettuce can be replaced with olives (the reduced salt kind and pitted of course) as I tried this and it was pretty tasty. That's if you like olives.
I have much to tell about the honeymoon and photos to edit and upload...do stay tuned...by the way, since I've been asked this question rather frequently - I am liking this marriage thing - it has been a completely natural and comfortable progression and I don't feel any different. We're in the midst of sorting through our gazillion boxes of stuff and setting up the study room. We're done with the bedroom and kitchen but I may make a few amendments here and there once we're done, just as final touches because the walls are so bleak...plus we might get bed side tables and some other bits of furniture for the study and living room - more bookshelves and a TV station.
We're still deliberating over having the place painted. So far Fab has decided that we should take a few weekends to mend the ceiling ourselves. He'll patch up all the holes (as we had all the lights re-positioned and re-fitted with pretty light fixtures - the old ones were so ugly) and then we'll paint the place in sections. We'll also go over the walls that need fixing or just make sure we cover up anything un-presentable with a picture (don't go looking under my wall displays if you're ever in the house, ok?)
No comments:
Post a Comment