Thursday, 14 May 2009

Beautiful verse

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised" - Proverbs 31:30

God sees each and every one as beautiful. He made us the way we are. Unique. The world defines beauty in its own shallow way. And sadly I too condemn myself at times for not 'meeting the mark'. Yet how liberating it is to know that my beauty lies not in that which fades but in the condition of my heart, in where I choose to place my faith. Father, draw me ever closer to You. May we share an intimacy so powerful that none can touch it. In the quiet places beneath Your protective embrace I sit, anticipating revelations of secrets weighing upon Your heart. I long to be completely captivated by You...

1 comment:

lisaqshay said...

i've always loved this verse. it is a good challenge for us girls.

Related Posts with Thumbnails