Wednesday, 7 July 2010

I hate going to the dentist

Well, it's actually not that bad. But I still procrastinate making an appointment. Then I finally did but the dental clinic ran away! I kid you not, it was an elusive little clinic with no name.

I found the number off the Medibank Private partners list and booked in because it is supposed to be relatively close to my house. A Doctor Poverenov at Suite 1103, Level One, 56 Scarborough (yeah, makes you want to sing the Simon and Garfunkel song if you're in my generation or before) Street.

That was all good and well until I tried to find the place! Raaah!!!! I headed for the mall round the corner from the address of the clinic as you get four hours of free parking there. Then, with address and instructions in hand, I went in search for the dentist. I found building 77 and 40 so assumed 56 would be somewhere in between but alas! there was no building 56 and barely any building in between for that matter, just a tiny row of boutiques and banks. I walked into several stores to ask for building numbers and get this! Not one of them knew what building number they work in! Raaah!

My appointment time was rolling round so I rang the clinic to clarify. After following the receptionist's lead, I came to a dental clinic. Yay! (Oh sorry, I was distracted by the Kookaburra outside my window so stopped to photograph him) Anyway, turns out it was the wrong clinic! But it was on the first level of the building the lady told me to walk into. Raah!

I initially decided to just get my teeth cleaned at the clinic I ended up at but they are not a Medibank Private partner, which means I don't get two free regular checkups a year with them.

So out came the mobile, only this time the dental clinic's phone was engaged for a whole thirty minutes! I tried like five to seven times I think to reach them but to no avail. All the while I kept walking around, asking one person after another, visiting one information booth to another. I couldn't believe NO ONE had any idea where building 56 was.

A good forty minutes were spent hunting for Doctor Pov. I gave up as it was just ridiculous plus I would have been too late to be entertained. I drove away in dismay and found myself at Harbour Town where I bought a $19.95 dress.

It was absolutely essential, I assure you. All for the sake of not making my efforts of getting ready, driving out and walking around come to nothing. Well actually not really because after wearing it on Sunday, I discovered it makes me look pregnant.

Oh why do I do these things to myself? Now I have to call another dental clinic.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

I'm sorry, this unfortunate event is genuinely amusing! *hugs*

Shopaholic say, dress, necessary! :) LOL.. eBay it if you do not really really like it. Just like what I did with the $30 shoes. *sighs*

Hope your week has been good nonetheless..

Love,
Goldfish Nicole

Related Posts with Thumbnails