Thursday, 16 September 2010

It's coming to 8 months

Since I have been unemployed, that is. 

However, it's more like 7 months because I spent one week exploring Melbourne just after resigning, and three weeks in Singapore with family and friends.

What counts in these 7 months? Let's see...

  • Time with Fab
  • Time with Fab's family in Adelaide - there's a new addition!
  • Quality one on one time with friends here - Angela, Elise, Gwee, Julie, Millie, Nicole, Phuong  & Shin Yee
  • Reconnecting with Pei Yin and Jason
  • Getting to know one absolutely fabulous woman on the other side of the world - Sharon
  • Robin and Sister Village
  • A 5-week course on feature articles for newspapers and magazines
  • 2 samples and 3 published articles with Suite 101
  • Putting myself in SheWrites and Women on the Verge
  • A kid's story and some colouring (trust me, it was necessary)
  • A painting and drawings
  • A ton of blog posts
  • An unfinished pencil case and purse
  • A button (don't ask)
  • A collection of photos
  • A successful chocolate cake after several botched attempts at brownies with recipes too big or too little for the tin I have
  • Getting a bicycle - now I just have to learn to ride it!
  • Camping and flying (somewhat) a kite
  • The Danny Silk conference
  • Attending a wedding
  • Our freshly planted tomato, shallot and chilli seeds. The basil is doing well and since spring has come round, the grape vine has produced a few green leaves.
Maybe I get to discount time spent cleaning the house, getting the groceries, running errands like banking, posting, keeping track of expenses and researching on home businesses, visiting the dentist and chiropractor, cooking, updating my resume and looking and applying for work, reading, sleeping (subtracting a reasonable figure), catch up dinners, and church related activities.

What, then, have I achieved with the time that I have had outside of everything listed above?

What could I have created in this time? How could I have spent it instead of gluing myself to the computer?

Could I perhaps have written some poems, a song, more articles, a book? Would it have mattered if I had? Should I have set aside more money to take on another course? Should I have met up with more people? Stepped out of my comfort zone to get to know our neighbours perhaps, or a lonely looking stranger?

I can't reclaim the time but I could start on these things now. Where should I begin?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Psst.. Best brownies are Betty Crocker's Triple Choc Brownies pre-mix. Follow instructions and add some hazelnuts/walnuts to your liking at the end. Smack it in the oven and voila! Super yummy brownies. :p

<3 Nicole

Related Posts with Thumbnails