Monday, 20 September 2010

Light and Life

You place in my hand
The power to impart life
You place in my hand
A light for the lost
You place in my hand
The power to save them
You place in my hand
The words to redeem

I am Your helper here
I plant the seeds You give
I am Your helper here
I share the answers You have
I am Your helper here
I guide them to the truth
I am Your helper here
I love them with the love You are

During worship at service yesterday, God asked me to look at my outstretched hands. On my left palm, I saw (in a vision or an impression) a seedling grow out of some soil. On my right, a light (either a small flame or a lightbulb). 

I felt God say He is giving us the power to create, to speak new life into people and situations. He is also enabling us to be a light to those who have been blinded by deception. Who are struggling, suffering or simply living at a lesser level because they don't realise there is a God who loves them completely and has a far superior plan for their lives.

God is bringing people into our lives for us to be a positive influence to. We have the responsibility to care for them, to tell them the truth. Lives are so fragile and precious.  Do we hold them gently or disregard them? We have been given the responsibility (in other words, the ability to respond) towards the brokenness in our world. Towards social injustice.

When the world looks at the Church in contemplation of what might be different about us, or looks to the Church for answers, what does the world see? Do they see a group that is confused, riddled with conflict, rife with perverted acts? Or a group of people who live the truth wisely, and are generous, compassionate and accepting?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails