Monday, 10 February 2014

In the lead-up to Valentines

Thanks to my sister-in-law, Miin, I now have another good blog to follow: Scissortail SILK. The author's most recent post is about praying for her husband's heart as the Lord prompted her in light of Valentine's Day approaching. Her prayer reminds me of one I included a few years back when writing on being married for 2.5 years. 

It was good to be reminded as I had long tucked that prayer away and not been as thorough in my requests before God for Fab. Interceding from 'top to toe' helps me cover the essentials according to God's perspective and not ask for "soulish" things (what I want or deem necessary). 

Praying for Fab cements how important he is in my life, and how blessed I am to have him as my best friend, life-long companion and soon to be partner-in-crime as we navigate the world of parenting.

Tuesday 11 February 2014 Update: I happened to visit the Girlfriends in God website and lo and behold their post for today (they're still on Monday the 10th in the States) is about praying for our husbands from head to toe! This is an extended version, covering more areas than the one I found years back on the same website. I guess this prayer really is apt for the season.

I've also found this poster by Jennifer Flanders - she has one for wives and one for children as well.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails