![]() |
| Society6 now has wall clocks - enjoyed free shipping |
![]() |
| Purchased from "Catch of the Day" |
| Purchased from IKEA |
The nesting and resting phase has begun in anticipation of Phoebe's arrival. To allow for a play with different ideas over time, I've kept the setting in her room a light neutral tone. We were initially planning to give our new home a fresh coat of paint before moving in, but the condition of my health at that stage of the pregnancy didn't allow it and we figured the existing walls were in a sufficient state. This has left the bedrooms with cream walls and we purchased a matching set of block-out curtains. Phoebe's white cot is a simple design as we didn't fancy the sleigh versions that seem to be in trend. Sure we came across some pretty cool looking options but the price tags were not compliant with our budget.
In planning for what we needed, Fab and I visited a number of baby stores and I trawled through websites for good deals. After reviewing the various package options, I realised purchasing pieces we actually liked, and found necessary, separately was the way to go. Given my stature, most change tables were too tall anyway and so were some of the chest of drawers. I eventually chose the sturdy IKEA set pictured above as it is the perfect height to secure a change mat on and it's got a clean, modern look. Size-wise, this unit is perfect for housing clothes, towels, bibs, blankets, wraps, swaddles, nappies and more. I've already stored all those items and there are still empty drawers to house the stock of chemical-free baby wipes I ordered online and a few other necessities.
I'm looking forward to having the IKEA shelving we bought on Saturday put up. Fab will get to it when he has the time and has obtained a stud finder. Side note: The sweet boy has been doing so much for our home from changing the flooring of four bedrooms (it is hard work!) to assembling a crazy amount of furniture. There's going to be a simple white plank above the chest of drawers, held up by three curved brackets. This is where I will display small photo frames, selected little toys and whatever else fits the mood. On an adjacent wall, Fab will attach three shorter picture ledges so I can feature story books on rotation for Phoebe to pick from when she is old enough to read or at least select what she would like for us to read out to her.
As the cot will be along the same wall as the picture ledges and the other two walls are taken up by a built-in wardrobe and large window respectively, the trick will be finding a home for the bear decal. There won't be enough room on the wall with the chest of drawers as the door eliminates any extra space. Perhaps he can live beneath the window if he doesn't fit under the picture ledges. There is, I suppose, the option of letting him reside on one of the sliding cupboard doors if all else fails. I'm just happy I found him a friend (the Society6 clock shown above). I was hoping for silly, fat circus bears riding bicycles or juggling and wearing hats, but did not come across what I had in mind. These two tubby grizzlies are nevertheless going to be loved.
I was rather sad about missing out on 60% off a knitted, mustard yellow IDC gumball pouf several weeks ago. However, after reconsideration, it would have been too much of an expense still. Perhaps we'll come across a suitable bean bag or comfy little chair for her in the future since one will not be required for a while. It's exciting to think of Phoebe's room coming together and to explore possibilities for when she's older.


No comments:
Post a Comment