God has been speaking to me about faith recently, particularly that which Abraham demonstrated when he willingly brought Isaac to the place that God instructed, to offer this precious son of his as a sacrifice (literally, like steak for a BBQ, firewood and all). What a painful journey it must have been for Abraham over those 3 days they took to travel up the mountain. Yet Abraham knew full well in his heart that God had the best plan in mind, somehow. He believed that if God promised that his offspring would be reckoned through Isaac, that God could bring Isaac back from the dead or provide a sacrifice in Isaac's place.
We read the passage from Hebrews 11:17 about this and (coincidentally, or not) a friend brought it up the weekend before during our bible study group retreat to the Sunshine Coast (fun times flinging one another into the sea and smothering one anothers' faces with sand and salt water in the rain!) while we were chatting about what's been going on in both our lives the Saturday morning.
Faith. As small as a mustard seed can command a mountain to throw itself into the sea.
Faith. Saving, Experiential, that of the impossible, God's gift, a gift of the Holy Spirit.
Faith. It's not like I have led a hard life. No, on the contrary. God has been faithful and I have been most blessed by Him. Yet I doubt, I fear, I deny to no benefit of mine and certainly of others either...it is time...to rise up in faith.
Faith. Not blind, not cynical. A deep knowledge of the one in whom the faith is entrusted. A steady understanding that what is ahead will indeed be made real.
Faith. A quiet but growing excitement in anticipation of the complete revelation of this something promised.
Faith. Saving, Experiential, that of the impossible, God's gift, a gift of the Holy Spirit.
Faith. It's not like I have led a hard life. No, on the contrary. God has been faithful and I have been most blessed by Him. Yet I doubt, I fear, I deny to no benefit of mine and certainly of others either...it is time...to rise up in faith.
Faith. Not blind, not cynical. A deep knowledge of the one in whom the faith is entrusted. A steady understanding that what is ahead will indeed be made real.
Faith. A quiet but growing excitement in anticipation of the complete revelation of this something promised.
Tell me how you approach God with wide-eyed wonder, believing without question, without needing to see, despite seeing that which, if taken purely by human reason, is negative, hoping with a growing inner strength, passion, joy and peace. Share your stories of battles overcome, lessons learnt, the pain of surrender yet sheer fulfilment as selfish desires, poor attitudes and other areas of lacking are exchanged for gifts unimaginable once nothing is held back.
What's your take on Life being all about pain?
1 comment:
As I was doing my quiet time this morning. I came through this verse: 2 corinthians 12:10
'Thats is why,for christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.For when I am weak, then I am strong,'says Paul.
How amazing to see the kind of faith that Paul's posses, to be able to DELIGHT in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
I pray to HIm to give me the courage & faith to continue to trust in His work in me. Help me to see beyond my difficulties. Open my spiritual eyes lord. Let me see though your holy lenses & not of what I perceive. Let Your faith be my eyes & ears, then surrender to let You lord to reveal Yourself fully in my soul.
AMEN.
Post a Comment