Reading about how God is faithful and binds us with His faithfulness brought tears to my eyes this morning for often I, in my self-centredness and immaturity, often forget how God has blessed me so richly and still does. Not just me but my family...yet I can fill my mind with idle thoughts and anxieties and fears that resemble a child's irrational fears of a monster under the bed when compared to those that people out in the world face. If you catch me sulking and mulling over issues I ought, by now, know to place wholly in God's hands and not worry about, pull me up on it.
I think I should be out there sharing my blessings, instead of coveting, and enabling others to have the secure future I do in God...why do I still doubt the Lord and fix my eyes on situations instead...will God not protect and deliver me from persecution, from harm if I really were to extend myself? I am afraid and yet I hear Him say, "Have faith, trust me". He may not prevent me from facing persecution (however extreme) yet He reminds me that it will only be temporary as compared to the beautiful eternity I have in Him...it is hard for me but I want to believe with all my heart...to follow Him with every fibre of my being. I want to face my fears & overcome!
Throughout my life God has reminded me not to worry as it will not add a single day to my life (probably would take one away seeing as how it can cause strands of white hair to miraculously appear!)
I can testify of God's provision - And He gives more than you would expect though at times what He gives is not what you initially desire, yet He knows best. Maybe some of us growing up hated when our parents insisted they knew best and tried to direct our decisions or control us in some way (I look back now and realise they were right because of their experience giving to wisdom). Well, God is gentle and will not push you but at the end of the day, whether we like it now or not, God actually really knows the best because, after all, He is God. And not only does He know the best, He wants the best for us all!
I think I should be out there sharing my blessings, instead of coveting, and enabling others to have the secure future I do in God...why do I still doubt the Lord and fix my eyes on situations instead...will God not protect and deliver me from persecution, from harm if I really were to extend myself? I am afraid and yet I hear Him say, "Have faith, trust me". He may not prevent me from facing persecution (however extreme) yet He reminds me that it will only be temporary as compared to the beautiful eternity I have in Him...it is hard for me but I want to believe with all my heart...to follow Him with every fibre of my being. I want to face my fears & overcome!
Throughout my life God has reminded me not to worry as it will not add a single day to my life (probably would take one away seeing as how it can cause strands of white hair to miraculously appear!)
I can testify of God's provision - And He gives more than you would expect though at times what He gives is not what you initially desire, yet He knows best. Maybe some of us growing up hated when our parents insisted they knew best and tried to direct our decisions or control us in some way (I look back now and realise they were right because of their experience giving to wisdom). Well, God is gentle and will not push you but at the end of the day, whether we like it now or not, God actually really knows the best because, after all, He is God. And not only does He know the best, He wants the best for us all!
No comments:
Post a Comment