Sunday, 10 June 2007

God my hero!


God saved my life last night...I emailed my testimony to quite a number of people but here it is for others to see:

Just really need to share of God's grace and faithfulness...I was driving home from Southbank after dropping Fab off at the train station and was talking to God along the way about life in general and how I have been going for the past weeks, etc. For some reason the thought came across my mind about how I should learn to adjust my car seat properly so that I am most protected if ever I got into an accident so as not to hurt my wrist, back, etc (a driving instructor once mentioned this to me)...but then I said thought to myself that the chances of me getting into an accident were probably pretty low.

Anyway, I was making my way home and turned left at the green set of lights off Milton Road when a car ran the intersection and hit me (driver's door and back right door). I saw him kind of sticking out but then he stopped so I didn't slow down but then he suddenly accelerated into me. Funny that my response was just so slow that I did not swerve quite enough to get out of the way. Having said that though, God really protected both that driver and me and the damage to my car is sooo minimal and I really thank Him for preserving us.

Also, the driver is such a decent young man who was so apologetic over not seeing me...he too was going home after deciding not to join his friends drinking and partying (so I pray that he will not regret having made that wise decision!), He came out and immediately made sure I and my car were ok and gave me his details and was just really honest so I thank God that he didn't just run off or take advantage of the fact that I was alone and didn't look like I knew how to react in a situation like that, or bully me in any way. I told him that I thanked God for His protection as I was talking to God just prior to the accident taking place.

So many times I forget what God has done for me and I take Him for granted. People will ask why God would even allow an accident if He loves me but I know He also loves me so much that He knows sometimes I need a wake up call or a situation to cause me to mature in my thinking and character.

(Addition to my email as an afterthought: And He never lets me experience more than I can bear! I'm not saying that God was punishing me or whatever...I do not know the exact reason for the incident but I know that He was watching over me and protected me because given the situation, I'm sure things could have been worse. )

This is my second car accident. The first occurred in my first semester in Australia while sitting in a friend's car. Then too, though the car was a complete write-off having hit sort of where I was sitting, God preserved all three of us in the car.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails