I responded to the altar call tonight at the end of the sermon on God's amazing power - the power to heal. Why? Because my mind has yet again been tormented by frightful thoughts I fail to be able to express aloud to anyone but God. He knows my battles and over the years has been faithfully and gently restoring me in this area of shatteredness. As I stood there, I asked God to speak right to this deep struggle but requested that the person who would step up to pray for me would not ask for the reason for my response to prayer. Sisi, if you are reading this, I do apologise for putting you in a spot but I know that whoever it might have been who reached out to pray for me is very much able to hear from God particularly if He so desires it. And sure enough, His words came clearly through this beautiful little woman of God despite my silence, touching the core of my pain. Trust. Security. Peace. God showed her a vision of a tornado (or cyclone...let's just say a phenomenon of mass destruction signifying great chaos and turmoil) tearing down everything in its way, and then there, in the very centre of it all, me, experiencing a strong sense of calmness. God's words to me were this: Trust in me, focus your eyes on me and I will give you a peace that transcends all understanding in the midst of the confusion and unrest you are going through. I want to say that the immediate effect was a rush of serenity but I can't...I know that I have to do my part to continually choose to place my entire attention upon Him till all that surrounds me becomes nothing in the light of His love, power and grace.
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face. And the things of the earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace"
Help me dear Lord to fix my eyes on You, the author and perfector of my faith!
No comments:
Post a Comment