Sunday, 22 June 2008

Rest in God

Psalm 91 verse 1 says "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty" and yes, this refers to women too. Although I may not be the most active person, or the most task oriented, for that matter, resting in God is something I find really difficult. Oh! By the way, thank you Cherri for your encouragement! Can't wait to see you in August!

On Thursday night, the Joseph One and Two women got together for a special night of impartation by our very own Pastor Lailing. Although Pastor Lailing sees herself as an ordinary woman with an extraordinary God, to us, she is a power woman and a super mum with the way she leads her life and her family of three young and vibrant children, along with ministry and supporting her husband which, given his great responsibilities as our senior pastor, is no easy feat at all.

Pastor Lailing shared about the Destiny of a Woman, reminding us that, as it says in Psalm 139: 13-16, we are made marvellously by the Master Designer with a unique and great purpose! She reaffirmed what the Word says of our identity, our hope and our future. We just need to learn to believe the Word, to claim it as truth and allow God to transform us from the inside out. It's imperative to accept that God never sees us as an accident, as useless or unacceptable and so we need not strive for his acceptance and love. We are significant simply because we are His masterpieces. In Him we find ourselves and we are made whole. God has a wonderful and specific purpose for each of us whether we are single or married.

After her sharing, she prayed for us...she did not stop to ask about what we were going through but simply allowed God to guide her as she interceded. As she prayed for me, she felt God showing her that I need to be set free from the stronghold of my mind, that I've been going in circles for a very long time with thoughts constantly bothering me. She saw me struggling and even trying to prove myself worthy of love. She reassured me of God's deep love enveloping me and that He wants to heal me and has already begun the restoration process. She uttered the word "Rest" several times and encouraged me to give God my trust once again. Pastor Lailing does not know what I've been battling with all these years yet she spoke right to the core of my daily struggle. God has not forgotten me and to Him I am beautiful. It's hard to believe it many a times but I want to. I want to be free, to be whole, to be able to bring His truth to the lives of broken women. Pastor Lailing felt God assuring me that as I rest in Him, He will bring about something in and through my life. She challenged me to physically imagine myself hitting the 'stop' button on the tape recorder of nagging negative thoughts and throw the tape away. She told me to fill my mind with the Word of God instead, that it may eventually drown out the thoughts that attack me so ferociously and cause me to live in constant fear and insecurity.

If you struggle with recurring thoughts that bring doubt into your mind and cause you to live further into a shell and perhaps even in a world of 'fantasy' that you create as a way to escape, I want to encourage you to step out with me and embrace the truth that we are fearless fighters in God! This won't be easy and it most likely will take time but pursuing freedom is so much better than cowering in the dark and crying ourselves to sleep.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails