Pastor (Dr.) Yonggi Cho's book titled "My Church Growth Stories". I have yet to finish Lisa Bevere's book but this one caught my attention. It was sitting on Fab's desk. He was somewhere in the first chapter. I picked it up last Thursday morning (we started our commute late as Fab had a site inspection to run at the Coast for work purposes). Read a couple of pages and found his writing style a combination of slightly peculiar in an interesting way, simple (making it easy to read and get the message) yet precise so you really get the point (and he makes good points) and typically Asian.
I'm now half way through the book and in the chapter about prayer. His first couple of chapters were on, firstly, the importance of sermons that build people up not tear down their self image and self esteem - he delved into various types of sermons and their significance, citing personal examples and other illustrations, and secondly, the necessity of a proper cell group system. On the area of prayer, he is teaching how one can pray effectively by using the Lord's Prayer as a model. The Lord's prayer was given by Jesus to His disciples when He was instructing them on prayer.
I think I'll compile some of the main ideas that I can really take away from his book and jot them down here. So stay tuned for some great principles and lessons from the pastor of (if I am not mistaken) the largest (and I believe of genuine Christ-followers) church in the world.
Fab's also reading one of his other books that talks about the Holy Spirit being our Senior Partner, something he explains in the first couple of chapters of the book on church growth.
I'm now half way through the book and in the chapter about prayer. His first couple of chapters were on, firstly, the importance of sermons that build people up not tear down their self image and self esteem - he delved into various types of sermons and their significance, citing personal examples and other illustrations, and secondly, the necessity of a proper cell group system. On the area of prayer, he is teaching how one can pray effectively by using the Lord's Prayer as a model. The Lord's prayer was given by Jesus to His disciples when He was instructing them on prayer.
I think I'll compile some of the main ideas that I can really take away from his book and jot them down here. So stay tuned for some great principles and lessons from the pastor of (if I am not mistaken) the largest (and I believe of genuine Christ-followers) church in the world.
Fab's also reading one of his other books that talks about the Holy Spirit being our Senior Partner, something he explains in the first couple of chapters of the book on church growth.
No comments:
Post a Comment