At first, I looked at this and thought, "wow, Kari Jobe is so pretty and has such a sweet voice. How come I can't be that beautiful?" But then I watched the testimonies and felt a lump rise in my throat because though they may have only shared about a line each, their testimonies are both encouraging and touching. They challenge me to live for God no matter what. To really sing, "All of my life, in every season, You are still God, I have a reason to sing, I have a reason to worship" (Desert Song - Hillsong Church).
I don't know what Kari's story is. What God has brought her through. We each have our unique testimonies to share of His goodness and sovereignty in our lives. The one that hit me the most was the the testimony of the lady who has had 4 miscarriages and still is giving praise to God. Something like that would crush me. I would probably become bitter and angry at God for letting me hurt like that. But she sees beyond her circumstances to the God who is in control and is worthy of honour despite all we experience here on earth.
Will I sing praise unto Him for who He is and not for what I expect Him to be able to give me? Will I honour Him even when He does not seem to be bringing justice and I think He ought to because it is in His word and in line with His character? Will I let Him decide what to do and when to do it and how? Will I just let God be God and just be in awe of Him? As God calls us to be bringers of His life to a broken and fallen world, I want to sing life over the nations and see people healed and restored, and brought to a place of wholeness.
Here is the song (I'm singing by Kari Jobe)
I don't know what Kari's story is. What God has brought her through. We each have our unique testimonies to share of His goodness and sovereignty in our lives. The one that hit me the most was the the testimony of the lady who has had 4 miscarriages and still is giving praise to God. Something like that would crush me. I would probably become bitter and angry at God for letting me hurt like that. But she sees beyond her circumstances to the God who is in control and is worthy of honour despite all we experience here on earth.
Will I sing praise unto Him for who He is and not for what I expect Him to be able to give me? Will I honour Him even when He does not seem to be bringing justice and I think He ought to because it is in His word and in line with His character? Will I let Him decide what to do and when to do it and how? Will I just let God be God and just be in awe of Him? As God calls us to be bringers of His life to a broken and fallen world, I want to sing life over the nations and see people healed and restored, and brought to a place of wholeness.
Here is the song (I'm singing by Kari Jobe)
No comments:
Post a Comment