I don't know why but I teared up when I heard this song. There are so many times I want to be able to run up to God though. To just be in His safe embrace and know that everything is going to be alright. I look for that here in the world but nothing comes close. God will never disappoint. He will never be short of what I need and desire.
I try to find hope and justice in people but these things are not always there. I look for someone who understands fully what I see in my mind and feel in my heart of the tragedies on this earth. Someone who can take the frustration, the rage, the resentment, the fear, the ache away. Even I am inconsistent. I am fallible. I am perfectly capable of failing someone. Of letting them down. Of not meeting the mark of what they expect, of what they hope for.
What we hope for is beyond what we can find in anyone or anything else. It's only in God that our hearts and minds can rest and our spirits find that place where it's all as it should be. No more violence. No more grief. No more loss. No more betrayal. No more weakness. No more disease. No more exhaustion. No more listlessness. We come to a place of being filled.
I picture myself just clinging onto Him for a very long time as He lovingly holds me. He doesn't need to say a thing. It's all enough. It's all made right in that one moment. All the pounding in my heart and head begins to settle. My cries for justice fade and I can breathe again. My tears of angst and sorrow, and of the burdens I carry turn to ones of joy and utter relief. Slowly the heaviness is lifted off my shoulders and I know He has healed the women and the children who are hurting in the world.
Those who have been crushed He has now restored. He has reconciled families. He has cleansed the land of all unholiness. No more will people live out of lust, greed, immorality, brutality. Fathers will take on their mantle of leadership with humility and love. Blessings flow. Abundance pours forth, and the people rise as pure kings and queens of the Most High God.
I try to find hope and justice in people but these things are not always there. I look for someone who understands fully what I see in my mind and feel in my heart of the tragedies on this earth. Someone who can take the frustration, the rage, the resentment, the fear, the ache away. Even I am inconsistent. I am fallible. I am perfectly capable of failing someone. Of letting them down. Of not meeting the mark of what they expect, of what they hope for.
What we hope for is beyond what we can find in anyone or anything else. It's only in God that our hearts and minds can rest and our spirits find that place where it's all as it should be. No more violence. No more grief. No more loss. No more betrayal. No more weakness. No more disease. No more exhaustion. No more listlessness. We come to a place of being filled.
I picture myself just clinging onto Him for a very long time as He lovingly holds me. He doesn't need to say a thing. It's all enough. It's all made right in that one moment. All the pounding in my heart and head begins to settle. My cries for justice fade and I can breathe again. My tears of angst and sorrow, and of the burdens I carry turn to ones of joy and utter relief. Slowly the heaviness is lifted off my shoulders and I know He has healed the women and the children who are hurting in the world.
Those who have been crushed He has now restored. He has reconciled families. He has cleansed the land of all unholiness. No more will people live out of lust, greed, immorality, brutality. Fathers will take on their mantle of leadership with humility and love. Blessings flow. Abundance pours forth, and the people rise as pure kings and queens of the Most High God.
No comments:
Post a Comment