So I guess if anyone asks me what I was doing this year exactly, the response will be "Learning to wait, seek, soak and rest". The silly thing is I don't have the courage to say that to everyone. Just yesterday I caught myself trying to justify this season and prove myself in some way. That's a sign of misplaced security right there.
I have been concerned with money, personal comfort and acceptance and recognition from people, but these are a demonstration of a lack of faith in God who provides. He alone should be my audience. He is my leader and my greatest supporter. He is my Lord, my Father and my friend.
I have been concerned with money, personal comfort and acceptance and recognition from people, but these are a demonstration of a lack of faith in God who provides. He alone should be my audience. He is my leader and my greatest supporter. He is my Lord, my Father and my friend.
2 comments:
Amen dear. Totally agree with you.
I MISS that! - The "ing" actively searching, soaking and enjoying Him.
I thank God that I have a part-time job so that I can have a higher chance 2 spend time with Him. Still takes that discipline though.
Dearest Jos,
Sometimes I feel like I've been placed in the same position as you. Having to justify to others the seasons in my life made by God.
Yes, occasionally the ones who are meant to care the most can be hurtful in their criticism. Yet at the same time, there is this great comfort that comes from God's eternal peace knowing that what we're doing is right before Him and this is meant for us. :)
I could never fight my destiny in God. Embracing individuality and accepting the individuality of others are not inherent with everyone. So guard your heart and be patient with others. Know that you justify every season with your faith in Him. *hugs*
May 2011 be an awesome year ahead for you!! Looking forward to seeing you when I get back. I miss you already! :(
Love,
Nicole
Post a Comment