Perfect weather, gorgeous white sandy beach, the clearest water...bliss. Fab and I had lunch at Grill'd on Marine Parade, along Coolangatta beach. The burgers (mine being the "Hot Mama" and Fab's "The Full Minty") were super yum! If I ever bake a bunch of potato chips (or fries, if you prefer), I'm definitely going to sprinkle them with dried rosemary and sea salt.
I went prancing in the cool water and dragged Fab along because it was just too wonderful to resist. It didn't matter my three-quarter grey pants were getting drenched, I was too taken in. We sat on giant rocks to dry and stare into the amazing expanse of blue, green, aqua and turquoise, watching the white swirls and majestic waves breaking as they rushed towards the shore, carrying a string of skilled surfers sporting a bronze tan. One guy's board broke in half, which probably signalled it was time for him to just swim or head home.
It's a pity I didn't have my camera with me and I can't find a photo on the web that does the scenery justice.
Fab made pork chops for dinner, Jamie Oliver style. We have one of his cookbooks, courtesy of Belle who gifted it on my birthday a couple of years ago. Delicious! Fab glazed them with honey and mustard and served them with apple sauce and garlic beans. He even made some crackling.
1 comment:
Ohh... did you enjoy your burger(s)??? Hot mama eh??? Do I smell a rat? ;)
Post a Comment