Thursday, 6 January 2011

2011 - Week One Reflections


I still cannot believe it is the start to a new year already, But more than that it is the fact that I will be turning 31 and haven't worked for almost a year!!! To think I have been here for 11.5 years.

I know there is no point in dwelling on this and looking over my shoulder to consider what I could have done differently. If time does not pass, I cannot move into a new season. There is a time for everything – a season for all things under the sun. 

God knew how I would spend each day of my life and worked out a way for me to still get to where I need to be in the end. He works not just in and for my life but in the lives and for the lives of all his children, all at the same time. 

It appears the seasons of my life are reflected in the seasons for the church. Or my life is the one that does the reflecting. Or we are all simply moving together in the one season. In any case, though it could have been sped up had I made certain decisions, I am still on track. 

God considered the length of time it would take me to get around things, so nothing is lost. I cannot say I was slow for there is no basis for comparison. God does not compare me with another person or some growth speedometer. I responded out of my inherent nature – personality, experiences, strengths, interests, flaws, etc – but the plans God has for me are still within reach. That is the main thing. 

My goal is still there. And I look to it not just for me but for my future generations and generations I do not know and will never see, to leave a legacy rich and alive for others to build upon.

What is missing in that statement is the need to persevere. At the moment “perseverance” and I are not the best of buds but hopefully this will improve over the course of 2011.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails