Saturday, 8 January 2011

Love, love, love

"I'm in love with God and God's in love with me. This is who I am and this is who I'll be. That settles it...completely." (Misty Edwards)

Pastor Lance imparted from 1 John at prayer meeting this morning. How we need to realise how much God loves us that He calls us His children, and that's who we are - His children (EXCLAMATION MARK)

I know God has been good and faithful in my life. I've experienced His goodness and faithfulness to my family. I know He loves me. I've experienced this through the goodness. But somehow the knowing has always stayed at a head level and not made it to a heart and entire being level where I really KNOW- KNOW that God loves me and loves me in an illogically (to the human mind) big way. I can't seem to grasp this. His great love for me. How lavish it is. I cannot grasp the scripture of Him rejoicing and singing and dancing over me with overwhelming delight. 

I want a deep, personal revelation of His love. I want to get it because it frustrates me that I don't. I see how those who get it live so differently. I see how intimate they are with God. I see how much they adore and trust Him and how everything pales in comparison to just living for Him in that place of complete closeness. They are so connected and in tune with God. So unhindered by life's circumstances. So unhinged, unbounded. Did I just make that word up? They're not bound to the temptations and standards of this world. Yes they feel pain and have struggles and go through challenging times. But the way they approach adversity and respond to opposition is beyond my current comprehension. And I long to be more like them.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails