Sunday, 2 January 2011

A new thing for a new year

from the kikki.k blog

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” 2 Corinthians 5: 17

May this year bring surprises of a wondrous kind. May it be a year of the Lord's grace and favour, and great fruitfulness.

A year of joyful obedience instead of worthless sacrifices
A year of rededicating our life decisions
A year of laying aside personal ambition and self righteousness
A year of drawing nearer to our loving Daddy God
A year of placing security in God and not relationships and material comforts
A year of being sure of our identity
A year of freeing ourselves from the world's standards 
A year of not chasing after matters that don't matter
A year of renewing our minds by the Word
A year of taking captive thoughts that defy the truth
A year of allowing God's love to change our hearts
A year of seeing others through God's eyes
A year for creativity and enlarging our strengths, abilities and giftings

"“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43: 18-19 

A time for:
  • No blaming and putting others down
  • No grumbling and whinging
  • No judging and gossiping
  • No harbouring resentment and contempt
  • No hypocrisy
  • No expectations of being placed first
A time to:
  • Be grateful and appreciate God and others
  • Find the good in situations and be creative
  • Affirm and build others up
  • Respect and honour others
  • Be genuine at all times
  • Choose humility even when it hurts


I used to ask God to zap my heart, cleansing and changing it thoroughly so being humble is my nature. But I've discovered God doesn't want us to take the easy way out where we don't engage our own minds and souls. Humility, like many other lessons, is a process that involves daily personal choices because He has given us free will and the ability to reason and respond. When we choose what is right and stick with it no matter what, a strength and conviction is developed within us. I've begin to identify signs of pride, so now I am in the position to let it rule or to rule it. I want to win this battle.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails