Tuesday, 7 July 2009

Like grass in the fire


Matthew 24:35 "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away"

Just remembered that God brought me to this verse on Saturday morning during our recent Church Conference. I felt Him say to me, "Things in this world are like grass, here today and gone tomorrow. Growing one day, used for the fire the next. But my Word lasts forever. It stands even after everything has faded and is gone from sight. Do not neglect my Word. Do not trivialise it or discard it. Have it take root in your heart such that you know it full well and are able to live it out".

Casting Crowns wrote a song titled "Who Am I?" and the chorus goes like this: "I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow, a wave tossed in the ocean, a vapour in the wind. Still You hear me when I'm calling, Lord You catch me when I'm falling, and You show me who I am. I am Yours". We too are here on earth for a limited period of time. Often we are fickle and move from one soul-pleasing, self-gratifying object or person of desire to another. But what is the point of pursuing things that do not fulfil a purpose that has a good eternal impact. We need to be grounded in what will be there for the long haul (like forever long) after the earth has passed away.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails