Thursday, 2 July 2009

True Leadership

Jeremiah 17: 9-10 "The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it? "I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward a man according to his conduct, according to what his deeds deserve"

Father, I pray for the men in this world. Those who have not submitted their lives to Your divine authority. Those who have instead chosen to be the god of their own lives, or who have succumbed to the lures of this world and so given themselves over to the lordship of the devil. Father, so many have been made into tools for the devil's gruesome schemes. Where anointing and favour and blessings should have flowed through these men to their families and those around them, pain and suffering have been delivered. You formed man and gave him rulership but he has given this power over to the one who seeks only to destroy lives. So with his position of strength and influence, he has corrupted nations, robbed the innocence of young ones, and taken lives. You gave him hands to serve out of love, a mind and a heart to lead in holiness, but he has crushed those you placed under his care. He has beaten and raped and poisoned with his cutting lies. Father, please restore Your original plan. I lift these men to You and ask that you remove the deception over them. That You break the strongholds that are over their lives. That You release them to a life of purpose. I pray that they will be convicted of that which has taken Your pure truth and twisted it for personal gain. I pray that they will turn back to You and Your ways and lead the nations aright. I pray they will love their families and care for the needs of those around them. I pray they will be healed of the scars of their own pasts. Scars left by men before them. I pray for true leadership to rise up and take its place and speak life into the people, and banish the kingdom of darkness. I pray that they will experience Your love, grace and provision, and be a blessing as You desire.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails