Tuesday, 7 July 2009

i ♥

From 'Nesting Place'
Was just thinking that I want to stop putting off getting creative with our home as it may just be the release I need in the daily grind of activities for work and church and house chores and whatever else have you in between. Looked at a couple of pictures and thought I might start with our bedroom. Would love to get a head board (actually would love to get our walls painted but I can live without that being done. A head board will certainly suffice), new linen (something white, fresh, almost country looking), some throw cushions, maybe wicker baskets to put books in or something...I just want to create a more cosy, homely and romantic feel. I keep hesitating because of the cost involved as well but it is somewhat an investment. I mean I will be using these things for a long time. 

I was just deliberating over my wants again when I came across this article "More Than Enough". I admit I am easily satisfied yet easily discontented as well. I am an idealist and a perfectionist and can be rather critical of myself and others. There are some things that just don't bother me or I am willing to overlook but other little things that crawl under my skin for some strange reason. Anyway, in essence, I realise that I have yet to make God my everything. To really be convicted of the fact that He is more than enough for me and everything else is a major bonus. He has blessed me tremendously and continues to do so. I need to learn to be fulfilled in Him and stop thinking about that dress I saw the other day or the ridiculously priced lounge set at Freedom Furniture or even the vase I spotted at a friend's house.

1 comment:

MK said...

know what, I feel like you're writing about me.
I'm a lot like you. which is kinda scary sometimes. I confused people half of the time.

hmm.. explains why only God understand. ahh.. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails