Monday, 22 February 2010

i ♥



Frivolous things like red and white toadstools.
Shown here: Globe Ring


I want a necklace. Actually 3. Long ones. One with a bird and butterfly motif pendant on a thin bronze chain. One with a antique-looking heart locket and some cool bead accompaniments on a thin bronze chain. And a funky bead one; the kind that is all in one happy bright colour like red or yellow or green or blue, and the perfectly round beads get a little bigger towards the front if you know what I mean. And I want to change my wardrobe. And have more cute shoes. And why not a new figure to go with it all since my shoulders a a little too wide and my arms too bulky.

But you know what? I have shoulders and I have arms and though my back and neck and shoulders ache, that reminds me that they're there and I am whole and able. I have clothes on my back and a roof over my head and clean hot water and food on the table and nice furniture and the best family, husband and bunch of friends ever.

My life is blessed. So really, I should stop wishing for stupid little things that just don't matter. And stop living in my fantasy bubble. People out there have needs and escaping into another world does not change that though I just like to forget. But they don't get to forget. They don't get to change anything because that's their life. Their reality. Their neighbourhood, their family. Their lack, their pain. I must not forget that.

Monday, 1 March 2010 Update:

My friend Angela remembered me mentioning last year, when I saw her necklace and my pastor's wife's necklace, that I was looking for one with a key pendant. God has, on several occasions now, said that He has given our Church (and me specifically) the key to the city. Well, for me it's more specific to particular issues.

I know my pastor's wife bought that necklace as a reminder to herself of God's promise. She also found a few antique keys, which she has framed to display as prophetic symbols in her home, again to help her not forget but be encouraged and challenged. I thought it would be good for me to have a key pendant as a reminder but also because it can look really cool (yes, I'm shallow sometimes).

Well, guess what? Angela bought me a necklace with a key and lock on it. It also comes with a pretty little ribbon and flower. And they're on a long, thin bronze chain. Very nice. Am happy. Might take a photo of it to upload at a later date.

For now, here is a photo of my first painting attempt accomplished last week with Elise. God gave me this mental image last Sunday during worship to remind me of the promises He has given me, and to signify "streams of living water" (John 7: 38). This vision also reminded me of Psalm 42: 7, which to me is God's way of saying He is calling me to have greater intimacy with Him and that as I draw closer, He will wash away all that is burdening me, be it my own sin, the cares I carry, everything that wears me down.

It is a picture of promises, life, refreshment, and restoration. As you can see, I am not at all skilled in painting so it may not bring the message across very vividly but I thank the Holy Spirit for helping me come up with this when I utterly lacked the confidence to even start and simply said a quick prayer before Elise and I started on our respective paintings. It was a good day. We shared openly about what was going on in our lives and encouraged each other. Then Elise prayed and we listened to music by Jesus Culture and Kari Jobe as we painted. Ah, the serenity of moments like that. Lord, I appreciate the friendships You have graciously given to me.


Related Posts with Thumbnails