[Song: I will waste my life by Misty Edwards]
Oh God, I have lost the wonder and mystery in our relationship. The wonder and mystery I am sure I once beheld of You. Please restore it like You promised. It cannot be done on my own accord with my limited strength.
Father, You said You would give me a new heart. One after Yours. One soft and able to love overwhelmingly for it would overflow with Your love. How do I claim that heart? Ought I to sit back and let You transplant? Is there a condition? A need for me to respond in some way, carry out some task?
I am failing at finding true rest in You, of knowing how to be still in Your presence and just enjoy You. Help me please? Or is this solely my responsibility? Am I where I am due to a lack of discipline? Am I meant to be fulfilling certain requirements Lord? I am confused and frustrated. Hurt and tired. Hold me please? I need You so. I need to get to the place of being able to mean everything in this song. That's what I want. That's not where I am.
I have a long way to go but You can bring this change about. You changed the lead guitarist of Korn in one single encounter and he left everything to follow You. Change me too God. Change me too.
Father, You said You would give me a new heart. One after Yours. One soft and able to love overwhelmingly for it would overflow with Your love. How do I claim that heart? Ought I to sit back and let You transplant? Is there a condition? A need for me to respond in some way, carry out some task?
I am failing at finding true rest in You, of knowing how to be still in Your presence and just enjoy You. Help me please? Or is this solely my responsibility? Am I where I am due to a lack of discipline? Am I meant to be fulfilling certain requirements Lord? I am confused and frustrated. Hurt and tired. Hold me please? I need You so. I need to get to the place of being able to mean everything in this song. That's what I want. That's not where I am.
I have a long way to go but You can bring this change about. You changed the lead guitarist of Korn in one single encounter and he left everything to follow You. Change me too God. Change me too.
No comments:
Post a Comment