Wednesday, 25 May 2011

Message from God

Today's daily devotion from Girlfriends in God must have been a message from God since He knows my heart has been a wreck for ages now. So after not having spent time with God for a good while, I decided to pick up my new Bible (a gift from Pastor Greg, who's the Director of the place I work at). Not knowing where to start, I flipped to the middle where there is a special segment of glossy pages with information and photographs on world issues like poverty and injustice. Then I chose the passage preceding that, which turned out to be Proverbs 19.

I got to verse 17 and something about that statement made me tear up. "Caring for the poor is lending to the Lord, and you will be well repaid", it says. The Bible is written in contemporary English and highlights scripture on poverty and justice, hence its name, "The Poverty & Justice Bible" sponsored by World Vision and a couple other organisations. 

I think it hit a soft spot because of my constant worry about finances and wondering if I am where I should be, vocationally and just well, in life I suppose. It was like God was confirming He had brought me to Mission Educate for a good reason and would take care of Fab and I if I just trust and not stare at our slowly depleting bank account, berating myself for my lack of stewardship and worthy contribution.

Plus it was timely as I've been very frustrated with getting things up and running for work. Technology and I are not the best of friends, I can tell you that much. There is much for me to learn and get the hang of. Things like social networking for a non-profit 'business' and overcoming the urge to scream when a simple application refuses to function as it claims and my Email provider turns a little spastic and my word document decides to slow my typing to snail-with-a-flu speed and the Social Networking Tool hangs and does stupid things. Frequently. But all only when I am trying to get work-related matters done. I am convinced these irritations only happen to me (because of the combined occurrence) but that would be a rather silly assumption, right?

This blog wasn't working from yesterday as well, until I attempted a sneaky trick and found myself logged in and ready to post half an hour ago. I truly hope this blog does not go haywire on me because it contains so much.

Found this video clip titled "Unfriend Coal" last night. The narrator is adorable and the cartoon depicts the important message in a way you don't forget. Just thought I'd share the cuteness.

2 comments:

Shiny said...

the clip 'unfriend coal' is tooo adorableee!!!!!!!!... <3 :) hee.. + oil Jos! amen you will be well repaid :) <3

Charismatic said...

cute as 'unfriend' coal

Related Posts with Thumbnails