Thursday, 5 May 2011

Much to be grateful for

By Mr Darcy in Pride and Prejudice
Just felt like putting it here...
God loves us 'unrepressedly' 

  1. Family, Fab, friends, Church
  2. Whole, healthy bodies and protection
  3. God's continual provision in abundance making life easy
  4. Financial security because of hard working, faithful and sacrificial parents
  5. Wonderful homes (we've moved a few times plus I've lived in rental properties) and utilities (hot showers)
  6. A driving license and car
  7. The ability to stay cool in summer and warm in winter
  8. Clothes, shoes and accessories
  9. The opportunity to go to school and study overseas
  10. Everything I prayed for and more in my UQ job
  11. Fab's job on the Gold Coast
  12. The Mission Educate family
  13. Travel opportunities and staying at nice hotels/apartments
  14. The ability to bless others
  15. Treats from family and friends
  16. Black bean beef stir fry on rice as a meal at a Church Conference because I asked God if I could have it to satisfy my craving for that day
  17. The ability to sleep in
  18. Peace, hope and comfort
  19. God-given visions, prophecies and words of knowledge
  20. Valuable life lessons leading to a shift in perspective, heart change and character growth
  21. Cute and pretty things
  22. Dark chocolate cake and ice cream, hot chocolate, Chai, Vanilla, Rooibos, Pandan and all sorts of other wonderful 'foodly goodnesses'
Lord, You are my shepherd. I have never been in want. You've led me to green pastures and given me rest for my soul. You pour out Your riches over my family and I and continue to guide and shelter us each day. 

Thank You for showing me grace though I've often been a poor steward of resources and have taken things for granted. It is indeed a gift - Your unmerited favour because we do not deserve it. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails