Saturday, 28 May 2011

i ♥



The Magic Pudding store, Tamworth NSW
It's crazy how much a person can sell a wooden & sign for

Nice Kitchens - Homelife.com.au



Always wanted to have the experience of living
in a place with a view like this - Homelife.com.au

Or with a view like this (secluded section of a beach)

Makes me feel like getting creative & planning garden parties
Design Sponge website

Teacup pendant lights
Photo above from the T2 Tea Blog; Featured here

Am inspired by this story on Homelife - there's a link to photos towards the bottom of the article. 

These are the stuff my day dreams are made of. Wanting to be financially free to live a colourful, creative life with family. In beautiful spaces, making beautiful things to keep, play with or sell. I want a stationery shop filled with cute and pretty items (an example here).

Not a chain store or a franchise but a unique boutique where like-minded people come to browse, have cakes/pastry with wooden cutlery, drink frothy vanilla chai lattes or coffees in winter or delicious cool drinks (like fruit teas and young coconut juice with pineapple and mint on crushed ice) in summer, and buy something that adds to their joy and adventures. A place for people who love and respect these things so they flip through the pages carefully, stay for hours, chat with me, and are happy in their heart when in the store. 

But can I have all of this without feeling guilty? Without being reminded of the suffering others are enduring? What if the store was able to fund projects that helped women and children? Would that make it alright? Would the life I dream of be allowed? Could I ever find the drive and talent to be the people I read about on blogs and magazines and see in their own wonderful cafe-shops? People like Sally J ShimYui, and Katie...

LaLaLand Card - I like owls

LaLaLand Card Belle bought me
A Wonderland feeling...

And would love to be able to wear beautiful clothes like these, and have beautiful hair and not look like an oompa-loompa (Fab sang me the song today and I was thinking, "It's one thing to be cute and cuddly but I'd rather not be short and stocky")

I'm thinking I should try writing story books for children...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails