Lately God has been reminding me again of how He demonstrated His love through sending His Son Jesus to die on the cross for us, for me. If you ever get the chance to, listen to the song "Why" by Nicole Nordeman. So many times I have asked why it could not have been some other way but the thing is God has shown the deepest purest love through paying the ultimate price - through the greatest sacrifice. Maybe we think it's only His life; people have laid down their lives for their loved ones. But we will never truly understand how much it cost to see our sins upon that cross. Not only was it the most horrific, excruciating, humiliating death that was dragged out through brutality and gruesome cruelty, but Jesus had to experience separation from God to save us once and for all. What is this separation? Jesus experienced hell for us. People joke about going to hell, others talk of entering it as if it were just a grocery store next door. But how many of us realise what being there means? Am I not grateful? Does it really require vivid, blunt pictures to help me recall what God has done for me? Why do I keep willfully living life my own way?
I need to grow in my convictions. I need to be disciplined. I was just thinking to myself that I have such a pathetic tolerance to physical pain...how would I ever survive if I had to endure any form of real pain, be it through sickness, calamity (such as a cyclone or tsunami), accidents, torture or deliberate harm from others? I could never compensate for what Jesus has done and I thank God that He does not seek compensation for He knows it is impossible otherwise His very act would be redundant, but my prayer is that God will help me live a life that pleases Him...my prayer is that I will fear Him and not men or painful situations that may come my way.
No comments:
Post a Comment