Friday, 13 April 2007

restoration

Before and during the convention, God reminded me of the passage in Isaiah 43: 18-19 that says, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." During the convention, God also showed me a series of random images that had a common theme. They all spoke of restoration and growth...the pictures were of things such as a green vine, green peas in a pod, a hand with a green seedling growing. This message of restoration was later confirmed by a friend attending the convention, though I had not mentioned any of this to a single soul. She just happened to share that she felt God had been speaking to her about restoring the people in our care group. How awesome is the love and grace of God!

Years ago God spoke, through someone who prayed for me at an altar call not knowing why I was there or what I was going through, about restoration to come. The vision the person saw concerning me was a dry and weary land, parched and dead. A land that then became slowly renewed to have life again as God touched it and worked in it. God's promises always come to pass...the only thing is we may fail to experience them if we reject Him in some way. His love for us is like the oceans, deeper than endless seas.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails