"God will take care of every detail of your life" - this statement by Monet Jacks struck a deep chord within me and brought pain to the surface presented in a steady flow of tears. I know and have experienced God's love and yet have doubted and feared. Hearing this was another assurance. A quiet challenge to let go of everything I have ever held onto and still do so that He may look after them as my ability to do so is so limited - my family, my friends...all I love and cherish; my comforts and securities. Stir it up in my heart, Lord, a passion for You as in the song below.
Oh Your hands are upon me, You died to set me free. So I'll worship You, for You have made me, for You have saved me. So I'll praise Your name, for You are holy, You're my Almighty. I long to be like You, long to be worthy, Lord come and change me. May I give my life to You, ever so freely, so You may use me. Let there be no fear, I come unashamedly, no more restrain in me.
We are each the apple of God's eyes, no one is loved or favoured more than the other. Only He can love in such a perfect way. God's thoughts and ways are higher and that is a wonderful thing.
Consuming Fire - Hillsong United
Verse 1
There must be more than this
O breath of God come breathe within
There must be more than this
Spirit of God we (I) wait for You
Pre-Chorus 1
Fill us (me) anew we (I) pray
Fill us (me) anew we (I) pray
Chorus
Consuming fire fan into flame
A passion for Your Name
Spirit of God fall in this place
Lord have Your way
Lord have Your way with us (me)
Verse 2
Come like a rushing wind
Clothe us (me) with power from on high
Now set the captives free
Leave us (me) abandoned to Your praise
Pre-Chorus 2
Lord let Your glory fall
Lord let Your glory fall
Bridge
Stir it up in our (my) hearts Lord
Stir it up in our (my) hearts Lord
Stir it up in our (my) hearts Lord
A passion for Your Name
No comments:
Post a Comment