Sunday, 29 April 2007

humble me please!

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! Phil 2: 5-8

God must increase and I must decrease...I need to be humbled for my pride has been my greatest downfall. I thank God for being so full of grace towards my many failings; towards the many times I have wilfully turned against Him and walked my own way, only to discover I have been destroying myself. His love is indeed incomprehensible and immeasurable and I am grateful for that. So often have I not given God the glory but instead judged and criticised and even blamed out of my own pride and folly. My standards are no where in comparison to God's perfect and holy thoughts and ways. To His great Majesty

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails