Have you ever seen the film "Pursuit of HappYness"?
You should.
It'll put your life into perspective, maybe a little, maybe a lot...or you could be numb to it all and not feel a thing as the story plays out - a true reflection of life beyond our comforts and conveniences.
I can be honest right here and now and say that I probably won't change the way I live my life because of it...no, I know myself all too well. Yet, why shouldn't I?
I want more. All the time. It's the Discontentment Disease. It plagues the world. It separates the increasingly rich rich and the increasingly poor poor. I may think I live humbly...that I am easily satisfied with the little things. That I don't need a life of luxuries. I call the lifestyle of the rich and famous extravagant and unnecessary. But if you look at what I have, I am those very people I scorn with my labels of "snobs", thinking I am different because I don't own ten cars of ridiculously priced models, because I don't live in a mansion or spend my money on designer clothing but pride myself over scoring a bargain. The fact of the matter is, I am Rich. Rich with Relationships, Rights that come with being a child of God (like the ability to claim God's power and authority over sin). Rich with blessings I don't deserve yet secretly crave more of in my selfish heart. And that is not right.
Romans 12: 2 says "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is, His good, pleasing and perfect will"
That is something to really think about.
And act upon.
You should.
It'll put your life into perspective, maybe a little, maybe a lot...or you could be numb to it all and not feel a thing as the story plays out - a true reflection of life beyond our comforts and conveniences.
I can be honest right here and now and say that I probably won't change the way I live my life because of it...no, I know myself all too well. Yet, why shouldn't I?
I want more. All the time. It's the Discontentment Disease. It plagues the world. It separates the increasingly rich rich and the increasingly poor poor. I may think I live humbly...that I am easily satisfied with the little things. That I don't need a life of luxuries. I call the lifestyle of the rich and famous extravagant and unnecessary. But if you look at what I have, I am those very people I scorn with my labels of "snobs", thinking I am different because I don't own ten cars of ridiculously priced models, because I don't live in a mansion or spend my money on designer clothing but pride myself over scoring a bargain. The fact of the matter is, I am Rich. Rich with Relationships, Rights that come with being a child of God (like the ability to claim God's power and authority over sin). Rich with blessings I don't deserve yet secretly crave more of in my selfish heart. And that is not right.
Romans 12: 2 says "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is, His good, pleasing and perfect will"
That is something to really think about.
And act upon.
No comments:
Post a Comment